Saturday, January 24, 2009

Securian Half Marathon (10.25k) - January 24, 2009

My second winter race of the year.  This was intended to be a half marathon but due to bitter cold temps and high winds the race was shorted to a distance of 10.25k.  Not sure why the additional .25 distance but at any event they shortened the race for the protection of their volunteers who had to stand out in the cold.

Race temperature was minus 12 degrees with a minus 25 degree wind chill.  The first half of the race was into the wind and literally took your breath away!  Because of the non-standard distance I have no comparison to other races, but for what it's worth my time was 45:41 good for 104th place overall among 734 finishers and 7th place out of 50 in my age group.  It was so cold my eyelashes froze shut and I could hardly see the last few miles.



http://www.andersonraces.com/Results/wcrs09.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment