Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chisago Lakes 5k - January 31, 2009

It was a beautiful day in late January.  Sunny and 30 degrees!  Definitely better weather than my prior race!  This was also my 3rd race of the month.  It was also my first winter 5k and took place in Center City, MN.  The course had a few hills that were challenging because of packed snow that made the uphill climb a little slippery at times, although most of the course was clear of snow.  From what I saw of the course before the race I assumed the pavement was clear and wore my race shoes.  Much to my surprise when I hit the snow packed hill midway through the race I really struggled to climb it as my shoes don't have a great deal of traction for ice and snow.  I finished in 21:09 - 1:12 slower than by July 5k but not bad considering the winter climate and conditions.  I finished 6th overall among 111 finishers and 1st of 9 in my age group.  First race in which I won my age group.  Emily, Andrew and Gail came along to cheer me on.



http://www.vacationsports.com/chisagolakesresults09.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment