Saturday, April 4, 2009

Run the Valley 10k - April 4, 2009

My last tune-up race before heading to Boston for the Boston Marathon!  This was a very hilly course winding through Golden Valley, MN.  Only 32 degrees and cloudy today but no wind which is what I was hoping for more than anything.  I wanted to break my 10k record and knew I needed to average a sub 6:50 pace to accomplish this.  I ran my first mile in 6:45 and just tried to find and maintain my rhythm as the race progressed.  The worst hills were of course during the final mile of the race but I pushed hard up the steepest hill and then it was slightly downhill to the finish.  I crossed the line with a time of 42:07 (6:47/mile) breaking my PR by 36 seconds!  I finished 14th overall among 201 finishers and 1st in my age group of 17.  Just two weeks until Boston and the race I have been training for all winter!

Can't wait!


http://www.ci.golden-valley.mn.us/community/runvalley10kraceresults.htm

http://www.ci.golden-valley.mn.us/community/runvalley10kraceawards.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment